NICEF

Friday 11 December, 2015

Finding the Elusive


I believed
the ever-elusive happiness
would find me
when I would receive
the mum-in-law’s love,
a love that would desperately replace
the searing ache I felt
when I heard the words Mother’s love.
I hoped to finally be cherished you see
by someone who would see more than
just faults and defects
and a table to unburden load upon.
I hoped they would see my warmth
and recognize the depths of my passion
and proudly highlight my achievements
instead of disapproving glances.
And when this didn’t happen
I lost all  hope.
And that’s when
While wallowing in my misery
with the force of a butterfly wing
you nudged me
and then encased me
in the whirwind of your love,
my beloved, my paramour, my all – my divine.
It was you I had wanted and needed
all those years ago and still do.

My mine. 

No comments: