NICEF

Sunday 13 December, 2020

An Election Nightmare

 Commission, commotion

Surrounded by people and noise

I stepped into a world unlike my own.

Taking matters into my hands

I called together my team

and when the counter called my turn,

I nudged my way through

to get our equipment.

And there started the journey

through a nightmare

of ups and downs,

of paperwork

and wax sealing,

of setting up a booth

and a sleepless night,

of endless voters

and tying up loose ends,

of a night of rains

and working without electricity,

as we worked our way back

to the collection point

to stand in queues and crowds

so that we could know

we hadn’t go form A written

‘n’ number of times.

The magnanimity of it struck

when it was finally sealed and done.

The voting was over!

No comments: