NICEF

Sunday 15 June, 2008

About Me

I thought this first posting should tell you a little about me. Orkut users will find a lot about me in my profile. I often go by the name Tina- the acronym for There Is No Alternative: basically because a) it’s my real name and b) it implies what it means- there’s no alternative to me. There’s only one me. TINA works as a guest lecturer in her obscure town of Kottayam at the college of her under graduation- B.C.M. College for Women. In the English department where I work (and manage to create quite a ruckus) with a shoestring budget we attempt to create vistas into the world of literature to undergraduate students. The astounding number of unsuccessful attempts only proves that were it not for the likes of Shakespeare, the likes of me would be jobless. For me it’s the English student’s nightmare – literary criticism – that provides unemployment.

As a non-entity on this earth – very little can be said about my other aspects. Physically I cut an imposing figure- a round one. Academically I’m one of those almost-made--it ones who never did. With an M.Phil. degree yet to be under my belt, I have set out on this journey into the world of literature. Yet to publish my writing, I’ve contributed to miscellaneous magazines and journals. Hopefully this blog will turn out more successful than my other writing ventures left half-done. Sample my earlier writing at www.geocities.com/tinaannrebecca.

Family: parents I never stop fighting with, an icon of an elder brother, the sweetest sis-in-law and a pet cum devil of a younger brother.
Extended family: 8 dogs, 2 cats, pair of geese, a myna, and several hens and flying ducks.

Philosophy: There is more to life than you or I know. Celebrate the gift of life coz we have very short ones.

1 comment:

Sourcebound said...

you can take this as the musings of a fellow literature student turned teacher? who realized with a sense of dilemma that there are long years of guest lecturing ahead and fled to the gulf. i got a tip off about your blog from one of your faithful students who also happens to be my friend or lover? and who thinks that you are the most wonderful teacher she met. amen!

let me tell you first that i really liked the full form of Tina. well the plain truth for the reason for me being here is that i believe that you will take a look at my poems and comment on it lolz. isn't that what we all want? 'feedback' As a teacher i think you know that better than anyone else.

So here i am pledging the legions of my blog to your blog. We will indeed celebrate life!