NICEF

Saturday 12 July, 2008

I love teaching


Wonder if you ever wondered why good teachers are always so happy and young? I used to wonder and I discovered its secret a long time ago… when I was doing under graduation, to be precise. The big secret to their vitality is the fact that they are always around young people. Yes, it’s the youth that they deal with that keeps them so uppity.
I didn’t really believe that till I became a teacher myself. My students can really perk me up. Why sometimes just thinking about them makes me happy.
Met one of my favourite teachers soon after I began my new career and when I shared my thoughts with her she was telling me, that teaching was the most rewarding career. I couldn’t help nodding in agreement coz I was seeing it in front of my eyes everyday.
If you still can’t figure it out, just walk into a class as a teacher one day when your at your gloomy worst – the morning greetings that are smiled out to you, the concern they show if you tell them something’s wrong (like when I told my girls that I was going to miss one of my good friends leaving the college), their eagerness to please you… trust me I can’t be wrong on this one.

No comments: