NICEF

Sunday 20 July, 2008

Prayer Power



U just mite ask y I’m talkin abt d pwr f prayer. Its after all a much xplored topic. N evry1’s already talkd abt it. But I’m doin it cz I can c its effects evry passin day.
Take 4 e.g. d case f my fren hu needed 2 switch jobs n wasn’t sure wt 2 do. He likd d job he had but it wasn’t payin enuf. D new 1 ws a diffren kind al2gether n highly risky considerin d fact dat he was facin a lotta problems even b4 he began d job. He askd me 2 pray 4 him, n every1 else as well. No prizes 4 guessin wt happnd – he’s happily settled in his new job.
Consider my case. As a lot f ppl know, I’m yet 2b done wid my m.phil degree cz f a lot f complications. No I haven’t completed it yet, doh I’m on my way der. But here’s wt happnd. I cudn’t submit my dissertation in June cz I hadn’t paid my fees, smthin I had absolutely no knowledge abt. So @ d end f June I need 2 pay up, wid no possibility f travellin all d way 2 chennai 2 accomplish d job. D only person hu cud help me in d college wr I hv 2 get d job done is sorta jinxed n cud possibly mess things up (its already messed up way 2 far). In desperation, I msg 1 f my best frens n a former student, realizin ders no way she cud help me - being cooped up @ home. But 2 days later, voila! She rings me up 2 tell me she’ll go check out wt needs 2b done. D damn ppl make her go der 4 abt 3-5 days. But she finally manages 2 pay d fees, inspite f all d complications involved in dis simple procedure (trust me life can b’cm a livin hell wn least requird). U can bet I was on my knees (literally) wn my fren ws tryin 2 get things done @ college. U can’t even begin 2 imagine d relief I felt knwin d thing ws finally done.
Wt I’m sayin boils down 2 dis – prayer is essential 2 move 4ward n run d obstacle course called life. N here’s a lil’ smthin 4m Helen Steiner Rice:

For games can’t be won unless they are played,
And PRAYERS can’t be ANSWERED unless they are PRAYED…
So whatever is wrong with your life today,
You’ll find a solution if you kneel down and pray

1 comment:

Bets said...

Dear Tina miss,
A very interesting article. Its really touching. Even I have experienced the power of prayer in times of difficulties. God will never leave or forsake those who trust him.

Love,
Betty