NICEF

Wednesday 10 September, 2008

Full Throttle

Intense.

A word that has figured so prominently in my life. I know I’ve talked about this before, but I wanna do it again. It all began with my discovery of the extent of god’s presence in my life, or more precisely with Swapna Chechy’s album Intense. I discovered how intense a presence god can be in your life. Then I heard about living life with all it’s intensity. So that’s what I tried to do, to see if ‘maza aayega.’ Later down the line I realized I had myself in turn become an intense person. And I’m not talking about my habit of philosophizing. I realized after several heartbreaks, that I was one of these people who loved and lived most intensely, so much that some people couldn’t handle it. At least a lot of men couldn’t. I then began to ask myself – am I wrong in doing this?

Then I began teaching. And you guessed it – I taught with intensity (am on my Onam break now if you’re wondering about the past tense). And that’s when I realized a lot of things.

Some people call this intensity passion. When I began teaching I realized that this passion was infectious. My students could understand it and give it back to me to (they still do). I realized that maybe, being an intense person isn’t so bad after all. When I look at the rewards that just one year of teaching have brought into my life, I can’t help thinking – maybe it’s good to be intense after all. How else can you explain the fact that on teacher’s day I got a card from my students stating that they were nuts about me?

Despite the many rejections and heartbreaks I’ve faced, I realize that living life intensely might make all the difference. Maybe that’s what it also means to live life KINGSIZE!

No comments: