NICEF

Tuesday 9 September, 2008

Why Warrior Princess...




Some of you may wonder why I chose the orkut id warrior princess. What connection has this obscure teacher got to do with such a fabulous title? You have heard of warriors, of princesses and even warrior princesses. What have I to do with this? Very simple and yet very complicated. I chose to name myself so coz’ I identify with the concept of a warrior princess. A warrior is someone who is destined to fight, maybe even the whole world. A warrior is a person who has to show courage in the face of fear. A warrior must be able to stand strong and face all challenges whatever the physical or mental condition. Warriors fight for what they believe in. Warriors must continue with their task undaunted, despite the odds. A true warrior will fight to the very end. It is for all these reasons I consider myself warrior. And now how do fight? With life itself, for I have found I very often have to fight tooth and nail, in my own quiet way of course, to get through something, and at the end, people realize that yes, Tina was right all along. If only they had listened earlier!

And princess? Me? Well in my own rights I am, considering I am the only girl child in the Mullasseril clan. That makes me the family princess. I am a princess not because I hold an exalted position, one that I have never had, but because a princess must hold her calm in a storm and must appear to be all ease and grace despite the terror within her. Nobody I know has been able to identify when I sink into depression. I have maintained the calm. Most people don’t realize I was a shy, withdrawn child. A princess never brings forth the past. A true princess stands up to face danger and protect her people. She is willing to be the sacrificial goat to save her land and her people. I have lost track of the countless times I have become the scapegoat for someone else.

A warrior princess, despite setbacks, continue to move forth on her steed, ready to face dangers, ready to fight the world if she has to, and ready to face the final confrontation with death. I am a warrior princess in my own right, whatever you say or don’t.

No comments: