NICEF

Wednesday 28 March, 2012

Call Centre's Circus

Come to Citiphones one and all
Experiences galore in every call
The costume party's on this Friday
provided no nagging customers all day.
You''ll hear of a customer who called in to say
"I thought my accounts were closed today"
because he saw on his statement received
'Closing balance' - what a weed!
There'll be customers calling you on April 4
"My card hasn't reached, please tell me more."
Then they'll realize in the blink of an eye
the card says '04/04' - my o my!
There'll be Italians, Spaniards, French, Japanese,
but you'll soon learn to grapple with ease.
Whining old ladies, snappy gentlemen,
watch agents' faces slowly sadden.
Marked improvement in performance they say
- on the flip side there's a cut in pay.
Newcomers on the floor we have seen,
adieu to old buddies, on it we're not keen.
Someday in Chennai Citiphones may be gone
but till then -

Come to Citiphones one and all
Experiences galore in every call.

(This poem was probably the first to display my sarcastic vein and was written while I worked with the inbound call centre for Citibank's UK clients, debit card and accounting division (2003-4). The poem was written as part of a poetry competition organised by one of the teams as part of its activities. The costume party is a reference to the end of a month-long celebrations by the company. The references are to actual experiences on the floor.)

No comments: