NICEF

Wednesday 14 March, 2012

Eulogy for Reena Chacko



Last night many of us may have heard the shocking news of the demise of a former colleague and beloved friend of mine Reena. Her accidental death has left many of us unable to believe the news and some of us in tears.
Reena was indeed a good friend to those of us who knew her. It is terribly hard to visualize that we will no longer hear that chirpy laugh or be unable to see once more that vivacious, fun, open-minded, sweet young woman. She always lauded creativity and enjoyed a stimulating intellectual discussion. I know we clicked the instant that we met up when I first stepped into the portals of my alma mater as a teacher. Reena always expressed her desire to sit in one of my more creative classes and now that will never happen.
Even now, if I listen closely, can hear her voice in my head affectionately calling me. Reena, you are no more and it saddens me that I will never have a chance to hug you or see your smile again.
I miss you very much but I will take heart in the fact that you have moved on to a better place where I hope to someday meet you and seriously thrash you for leaving so soon! You will always hold a special place with me. 

2 comments:

amour amour said...

Hi... I used to be reena's schoolmate... Hadn't been in touch with her since we completed school and would often put in a search for her on FB and google until I came across this page just recently... Completely shocked to know that she exists no more among us... May God rest her soul in peace.... Will you please be able to tell me how / what caused her death as you seem to be in touch with her in days before her death...
Thanks...

Unknown said...

HI...reena maam had taught me in college...... her classes were a blessing and her smile could clear ur sorrows.....Her death was a shocking news to me......may her soul rest in peace.