NICEF

Saturday 17 March, 2012

Making sense


In a world driven by sense & sensibilities
where speed and accuracy count
to the last nanosecond,
it struck me
that a bird might in fact
have more civic sense than people,
when I noticed at the railway station,
waiting for my morning train,
a crow pick up from the tracks
a discarded, crisp, paper cup
in the hopes of a quick breakfast,
and sitting on the bridge
realizing that there was little hope of his free coffee,
swiftly flew back
and deposited it where it had been found,
while the office goer on the next platform 
dredged his cup
and threw it on the nearest track,
as the train approached.

(Photo : Jain Cyriac Babu)

2 comments:

Eranical said...

You continue to impress! Nice, & don't stop writing..

There Is No Alternative said...

Thanks Vineeth! Just like your mom who often inspired me to get out of my shell